Sunday, February 6, 2011

ONE LOVE


Bob Marley

6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981




"Who are you to judge the life I live?

I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure your hands are clean!"






"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."
"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively."
"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold."
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
None but ourselves can free our minds."
"The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?"
"Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen. "
"Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."




4 comments:

  1. Sigh. Where are such voices when we really need them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, chuckyman. :(
    Nowadays, if you are "not in the club" your voice never gets heard. Anyone who utters any dissent at the system, is very quickly shut down and muffled into silence.
    But there is hope. I hear that the Egyptian people are singing in the streets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music ‘industry’ is as thoroughly conquered as all other media and arts. We have no more need for their ‘product’.

    Indeed Gudrun, beauty often springs up in the most unexpected place. I came across this today. I have not given up hope and the real voice of the Egyptian people is an inspiration for us all.
    http://lwtc247.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/hadil-a-voice-of-egypt-report-1/
    http://lwtc247.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/hadil-%E2%80%93-a-voice-of-egypt-report-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for sharing those links.
    That was so heartwarming and honest. The true message from someone on the streets, living this (r)evolution of change. They are all in it together, no matter what religion or colour. Brilliant!

    A completely different picture to the one presented to us by the MSM. But hey ho, we all know that by now . ;)

    Will be keeping my eye on that blog for updates.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete