Thursday, January 13, 2011

One has to be a light to oneself

One has to be a light to oneself; this light is the law.
There is no other law.
All the other laws are made by thought and so are fragmentary and contradictory.

To be a light to oneself is not to follow the light of another, however reasonable, logical, historical, and however convincing.

You cannot be a light to yourself if you are in the dark shadows of authority, of dogma, of conclusion.


J. Krishnamurti:- This Light in Oneself
















I believe I chose to be here at this time in the evolution of consciousness.
This birthing of a new era sometimes bears down hard on my soul and I too suffer seeing all the atrocities that are occuring on the planet on a daily basis.
These are truly trying times and it gets harder and harder to keep a balance between inner knowing and ego.

What is happening right now isn´t new to the planet. It is a reccuring cycle of cleansing and purging, that many cultures have gone through for eons.
Why do we think we will be more successful, in todays mindset, than say, the Mayans? Or the Egyptians? Or any other culture that has lived and died before us?
If we believe that we have manifested this ego consciousness, a system of greed and materialism, it cannot change unless we change ourselves.

The one thing that was never taught in schools is...how to love.
Now I am not saying we need to love the global tyranny enforsed by a small group of people upon the majority of mankind. What I am trying to convey is, that we need to step away from the anger, fear and victim consciousness. It seems that humanity has chosen this status out of free will and has accepted its lot throughout the last couple of centuries.
We might be bankrupt on a three dimensional level, but it is the impoverished human spirit, on a multi-dimensional level, that has been our "downfall". All of us, that are ego driven have been part of this devolution.

Perhaps when the penny drops that we are the creators of our own "reality" and we finally move out of victim consciousness and awaken to the truth that we are actually not prisoners of a system, then will have reached samadhi.

The earth, as far as I am concerned, is a sentient being and is only going through some radical, physical changes so that renewal can take place.

The outside occurances can break my heart and terrorize my soul, but they will not break my spirit! I don´t know how long this birthing peroid will last, not even sure any of my generation will reap the benefits of a society that has changed its "value" sytem, but I am absolutely sure, to the core of my being, that everything is as it should be. Only the monkey-mind gets in the way of making it so. ;)

So, as Krishnamurti so poignantly puts it...
"You cannot be a light to yourself if you are in the dark shadows of authority, of dogma, of conclusion."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful feelings in this. I needed to find this tonight:)

    ReplyDelete